Stay up-to-date with Exegy News
Newsletter Sign Up
To stay up to date with the latest news and insights, sign up to our newsletter today.
10G TCP ULL edition
10G Ethernet TCP Ultra Low Latency IP core for FPGAs, also available as part of nxFramework
The industry’s most reliable & mature full hardware, ultra-low latency TCP/IP core
Bring the best-in-class ultra-low latency network connectivity to your hardware design with Enyx rock-solid and acclaimed Ethernet IP Cores. Minimize time-to-market with our full RTL implementation and support. Stay always at the forefront of technology with our frequent updates with the latest latency improvements and optimizations.
nxTCP – ULL is available exclusively on nxFramework.
The nxTCP – Ultra low latency edition overview:
High Performance Computing
TCP IP CORE
- Best-in-class ultra-low latency from wire to user’s logic.
- 10G Ethernet connectivity. Maximum bandwidth delivered.
- Full RTL Layers 1, 2, 3 and 4, which include Enyx proprietary ultra-low latency full hardware TCP/IP, ARP, and ICMP implementations.
- Compatible with the Enyx ultra-low latency MAC/PCS IP core.
- Clock configurable at up to 350 MHz, for improved latency results.
- Easy to use standardized Avalon and AXI-4 interfaces.
- Multiple instances per FPGA and multiple logical interfaces per instance, each of them with a unique IPv4, MAC address, VLAN ID, Gateway and Mask.
- Up to 128 TCP sessions per instance, each of them configurable dynamically in server or client mode.
Available FPGA providers:
Management of layers 1, 2, 3 and 4 (OSI Model), compliant with:
Layer 1: IEEE802.3
Layer 2: IEEE802.3, ARP (Address Resolution Protocol)
Layer 3: IPv4 and ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol)
Layer 4: TCP (RFC 793)
TCP Management per session
– Up to 128 simultaneous sessions
– Client or server mode configurable at runtime
User Configurable TCP Options
– VLAN Priority, with insertion of PCP and DEI fields at emission
– Window Scale Factor
Customizable MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit)
– Up to 9000 bytes payload to support from standard to jumbo frames
MAC in Promiscuous mode (transparent)
– Access to MAC raw TX/RX interface
ICMP and ARP protocol support
– Up to 8 logical interfaces per instance
– Linked to any session
– VLAN configurable per interface
– 128-bit wide interface running at 350 MHz for TCP/IP client port
– 64-bit wide interface running at 250 MHz for MAC client port (TCP/IP bypass)
– 32-bit Avalon-MM/AXI- 4 lite slave control interface for MAC and TCP
– Status and statistics available for monitoring at MAC or TCP session level
Customizable TCP retransmission buffer
– Customizable buffer size (depth and width)
– Customizable Internal or External memory support (DDRx & QDRx) depending configuration on performance and FPGA size requirements
– PMA Parallel Data between PCS and vendor PMA (PMA Direct Mode for Intel)
– MII 64-bit Streaming Interface between PCS and MAC
Supported FPGA platforms:
nxTCP IP Core
– Libraries for functional simulation
– Synthesizable VHDL and Verilog RTL (encrypted) for synthesis/implementation
– Simulation libraries
Client-Server Reference Designs
– Simulation environment and scripts
– Quartus II and Vivado Synthesis/implementation project for supported partner’s boards
– User’s manual
– Getting started guide
Technical Support and Maintenance Updates
– 1 year of technical support
– 1 year of IP updates
Enyx certified board partners:
Available reference designs
Xilinx Virtex UltraScale +
Are you already a customer ?
Get the latest IP Core release from Enyx Distribution Platform