published on 02/08/2022
Senior FPGA Engineer
Min 8 years
Degree in electronic engineering
Base + Variable
At Enyx, our goal is to lead the way as the finance industry embraces more advanced technology in its pursuit towards building more comprehensive, efficient and fair infrastructures.
We believe that the benefits of FPGA technology can be accessible to a wider group of end-users with a range of diverse needs and problems to solve.
Behind our products, we have a talented, dedicated, and passionate team split between Paris, New York, Montréal, London and Hong Kong.
What you’ll do
Developing hardware and software, our Technology team creates and maintains the low-latency FPGA HDL building blocks for the ensemble of Enyx products relying on our nxFramework FDK (Firmware Development Kit). A full description of these products can be found at enyx.com/products-services/.
You will take part in the hardware implementation of network protocols such as Ethernet, UDP and TCP as well as on the communication layers such as PCIe. These hardware components are used internally as part of the nxFramework FDK used by various large financial institutions to build FPGA accelerated applications. You will work with high end FPGA boards and switches targeted for ultra low latency applications. Depending on the priorities & challenges of the Team, development will focus either off-the-shelf product evolutions or custom solutions required by Enyx clients to match specific needs.
You will work in a team consisting of software & hardware engineers, driven by one Engineering Manager in close relation with the Team Product Owner. You will be involved in all phases of the projects to guarantee an optimized and performing development that responds to the constraints of last generation FPGA development. A regular and transparent communication with the FPGA Tech Lead and the rest of the team regarding priorities, objectives and issues tracking will be key to success.
Working for Alexandre, the team Engineering Manager and in close collaboration with Guillaume, the FPGA Tech Lead, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in the product evolutions to support future requirements
- Participate in the technical specifications in collaboration with the hardware architect
- Implement and test complex features based those on technical specifications
- Maintain and improve documentation for hardware components
- Ensure the technical debt is under control and provide means to reduce it
- Provide technical mentoring to Junior developers & help them to improve in knowledge, development, testing & methodology.
- Participate in the improvement of the delivery environment and workflow of the team
Your qualifications & experience
- Degree in electronic engineering
- At least 8 years of professional experience
- Deep understanding of the FPGA flow from synthesis down to static timing analysis in a high performance context
- Technical environment: VHDL, FPGA, Vivado, Linux, Network, Python, Jenkins, GIT
- Professional English and French
More about you:
- You have a desire to understand high performance and low latency solutions in a competitive trading industry
- You are passionate about working on very technical and innovative products
- You have a dynamic and rigorous work-ethic with the ability to work in a team-oriented, technical, collaborative environment
- You like to be involved in technical subjects and contributing to solve problems, be it in a team or managing issues/troubleshooting
- You are a critical thinker, life-long learner and enjoy discovering new technologies and solutions
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be an integral member of a multidisciplinary team
- You’ll have an opportunity to challenge yourself and avoid the status quo with a goal of quality, performance and operational excellence
- We offer perks that will help you find your work-life balance and professional comfort:
- offices located in the center of Paris (Arts et Métiers),
- flexibility both in working hours and office/work from home,
- dedicated budget for your IT-comfort,
- top health coverage,
- Online investment platform for retirement and tax-deferred employee saving including company matching and yearly performance bonuses.
- in-office treatments by a certified massage therapist, access to our fitness center, indoor soccer with colleagues, video game tournaments, team building events...
1. Apply and first contact
2. Interview with Alexandre - The team Engineering Manager
3. Technical test with Christophe - The CTO for Hardware at Enyx
5. Talks with Inès and Guillaume - The COO & the Techno team FPGA Tech Lead
We know your time is valuable and aim to move as quickly as possible. We will keep you informed of the progress into our recruitment process and will inform you of our decisions to move forward or not.
We are equal opportunity and value diversity - We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
8 rue Greneta, 75003, Paris, France
8 rue Greneta, 75003, Paris, France
Interested in a career with Enyx?
Please click on the button below to apply for this position.