published on 11/04/2022
High Level Synthesis Engineer
Min 5 years
Masters Degree in Software Engineering
Base + Variable
At Enyx, our goal is to lead the way as the finance industry embraces more advanced technology in its pursuit towards building more comprehensive, efficient and fair infrastructures.
We believe that the benefits of FPGA technology can be accessible to a wider group of end-users with a range of diverse needs and problems to solve.
Behind our products, we have a talented, dedicated, and passionate team split between Paris, New York, Montréal, London and Hong Kong.
What you’ll do
Developing hardware and software, Enyx develops two products where the use of HLS is important:
- nxFramework FDK (Firmware Development Kit): A collection of python scripts and hardware components that constitute the basis of any FPGA acceleration project. nxFramework FDK allows hardware developers to jumpstart their Ultra Low Latency projects developments by relying on Enyx’s unique cross FPGA platform hardware abstraction layers, library of communication and utility HDL components. More at enyx.com/nxframework
- nxAccess:A fully featured execution engine with an FPGA algorithm sandbox allowing users to preload orders in hardware, receive market data then trigger & update those orders then send to the trading venue – with the speed and performance of hardware assisted by the flexibility of software. More at enyx.com/nxaccess
In addition to the development and maintenance of these products, Enyx is helping its customers to answer specific needs by jumpstarting their projects using HLS. In this context, Enyx is looking for a High Level Synthesis Engineer to be the referent on HLS technology company wide.
Working closely with the Senior Solution Architects and the CTOs to define needs and workflows you will be involved in several various projects where HLS will be used to describe applications that will run on FPGAs.
You will be responsible for improving the global knowledge at Enyx over this technology using Xilinx Vitis HLS and define HLS good practices and methodology from development to testing and integration.
Working for Christophe, the CTO for hardware, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Elaborate and maintain a HLS workflow (coding rules, best practices, testing suite…) for the company.
- Architecture and develop applications using HLS technologies on top of nxFramework FDK
- Assist the team architects and the products & projects management to specify designs where HLS technology can be used (data processing, algorithms, filtering…)
- Maintain example designs provided with products using HLS
- Participate in the global validation of the products and projects (from simulation to FPGA board testing) and provide technical inputs to the Senior Solution Architect
- Create and maintain documentation for HLS components
Your qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree in Software Engineering
- At least 5 years of professional experience in development or design of complex systems using both hardware and software
- A background in the FPGA and/or financial fields
- A capacity to judge the quality and performance of a given architecture
- Technical environment: HLS, C++, VHDL, FPGA, Linux, Network processing, Python, GIT, Jenkins
- Professional English and French
More about you:
- You have a desire to understand high performance and low latency solutions in a competitive trading industry.
- You are passionate about working on very technical and innovative products
- You have a dynamic and rigorous work-ethic with the ability to work in a team-oriented, technical, collaborative environment
- You like to be involved in technical subjects and contributing to solve problems, be it in a team or managing issues/troubleshooting
- You are a critical thinker, life-long learner and enjoy discovering new technologies and solutions
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be an integral member of a team where you will help define the product direction.
- You’ll have an opportunity to challenge yourself and avoid the status quo with a goal of quality, performance and operational excellence.
- We offer perks that will help you find your work-life balance and professional comfort:
- offices located in the center of Paris (Arts et Métiers),
- flexibility both in working hours and office/work from home,
- dedicated budget for your IT-comfort,
- top health coverage,
- 25 days Paid Time Off + Syntec RTTs,
- Online investment platform for retirement and tax-deferred employee saving including company matching and yearly performance bonuses.
- in-office treatments by a certified massage therapist, access to our fitness center, indoor soccer with colleagues, video game tournaments, team building events...
1. Apply and first contact with Ana - Our Recruitment Manager
2. First interview with Christophe - Our CTO for Hardware
3. Technical case study
4. Interview with François - Our CTO for Software
5. Debriefing with Ana
We know your time is valuable and aim to move as quickly as possible. We will keep you informed of the progress into our recruitment process and will inform you of our decisions to move forward or not.
We are equal opportunity and value diversity - We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
8 rue Greneta, 75003, Paris, France
8 rue Greneta, 75003, Paris, France
Interested in a career with Enyx?
Please click on the button below to apply for this position.